Bria had her 2 month check up on Tuesday. All went well, she's healthy and growing. I think she was in the 57th percentile in weight and 55th percentile for height. She had her 1st 2 shots (Hib and PPV). She did well, for the most part. She goes back in on the 23rd of December for her 4 month. She is cooing and smiling almost all the time now. She actually has started batting at the mobile and toys hanging down on her bouncy seat too. She hasn't been sleeping that well at night, at least compared to what she was, but she could be going through a growth spurt so I'm trying not to complain about getting up 3 or 4 times during the night instead of sleeping for 6-8 hrs like I was. :) We did buy a womb bear (a little teddy bear that has actual recordings of the sounds from the womb) and it seems to help her stay asleep longer, especialy during nap times. It's motion and sound activated, so it kicks on when she starts to cry - VERY cool invention. If you know of anyone who has a fussy baby and/or colicky baby, tell them about these bears. While I wouldn't say they are miracles, they do a pretty good job of getting baby to settle down and fall asleep faster. But of course they don't work ALL of the time. At least they don't for Bria. :)
I am continually amazed at the amount of learning Tyler does on a daily basis. He loves sorting his cars and my measuring cups into proper piles. He has picked up more signs from a signing dvd I got from our library and when I read books to him, he's very observant. We have a book called "A Mouse in the House" where you have to find the mouse hiding, kind of like a "Where's Waldo" thing. I pointed the mouse out to him this morning when we read it and by this afternoon, he knew where every single one of them were, even the ones that were hiding and weren't showing the entire mouse. He also like his book "Brown Bear Brown Bear" and when I get to the last page (that lists every animal and color from the story) he knows the color of each animal and attempts to sign both. He also loves playing with his shape blocks and can put them in the proper holes in the box and likes putting the puzzles together at his grandparent's house.
Bria cooing
Tyler doing some signs
No comments:
Post a Comment