Monday, July 14, 2008

Hot Day!

Last Tuesday we had a really hot and sticky day. The kind that make me remember why I don't like Kansas. You know, when the humidity is so high that you sweat getting dressed after you get out of the shower? Yeah, that's the stuff I don't like. Anyway...Tyler really wanted to play outside, but I didn't have the energy to go for a walk (which is what I would prefer to do so I don't have to chase him around the yard and keep him out of the street). We went to the front yard for a little while and I pushed him in the swing, but I really was not wanting to stay out doing that for long, so I decided we'd try the backyard (it's fenced, so I don't really have to do much chasing). Gideon was more than ready to come inside at that point (poor dog has to tolerate the heat and the flies more than I do and with a fur coat!!!) so it worked out perfectly. Tyler could play, I could sit, and Gideon could enjoy the A/C. All was going well until Tyler decided to stick his foot (yup, sandal and all) into Gideon's water dish. So I took off his sandals and let him run around barefoot. (Fortunately he doesn't wander too far from the patio; I never know where Gideon's landmines are). While on the phone with my mom, she suggested I get him a bucket of water and a cup. I didn't want to go searching for a bucket, so I got my big stainless steel mixing bowl and a yogurt cup. The boy was perfectly content playing with them for the better part of an hour. And after we got him dried off, he took a LONG nap, which was good for both of us! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment