Isn't there a song that talks about the Lazy Days of Summer? I'm not sure our days would qualify as 'lazy', though perhaps I'm the lazy one. :)
Actually, our days have been anything BUT lazy. My parents were here for a visit this past week and Matt's brother was in town too. I'm always amazed at how crazy my children get when Uncle Jonathan is in town. Poor guy always ends up being a 'jungle gym' or a 'wrestling mat'. But I think he enjoyed himself (at least there was a smile on his face every time we saw him! ;)) Saying goodbye to my parents when they left yesterday wasn't exactly 'easy', but it was nice thinking that we'll be seeing them again in about 3-4 weeks. And only 2 more weeks before we have another visitor for a week and then we're off! Lots to do between now and then, but for now, I'll share some pictures from our visit.
 |
| Couldn't wait to fill Grammy in on everything |
 |
| Light saber fighting with Uncle Jonathan |
 |
| Enjoying Papa & Grandma's new deck |
 |
| Hard to believe the last time they saw Derek in person, he was only 2 months old. |
 |
| See what I mean? Uncle Jonathan is in there somewhere. |
 |
| 4th of July at Matt's sister's house |
 |
| These cousins are such good buddies - only 7 months apart |
 |
| I was curious what kind of trouble they were getting into... |
 |
| ...Poor little Peanut. She was taken captive by the kiddos. |
 |
| Waiting for the daylight fireworks show to start |
 |
| Not counting my dad and Tim, the ages are (Tyler) 6, (Sawyer) 5, (Bria) 4, (Scout) 3, (Cameron) 2, & (Derek) 1 :) |
 |
| Happy 4th of July! |
 |
| Cameron had so much fun with "Mimi & Mac" |
 |
| My 'big' project while my parents were here...we dug up the side yard and turned it into a flower/herb garden instead. Here's hoping that at least some of the plants we bought survive. |
 |
| Nice to have handy friends...our ceiling fan fell down on my mom one night. Fortunately, she wasn't hurt and Adam was willing to try reconnecting the wires. |
 |
| Garbage trucks on our street provide hours of entertainment for Cameron |
 |
| Gideon, being a good doggie and getting cooled off inside in the air conditioning. |
No comments:
Post a Comment