This week has flown by and I'm having a hard time believing it's the 2nd week of March. Derek is 9 months old today!!! I'm pretty sure that with the more children you have, the 'milestone' months sneak up faster and faster. So, I'll fill you in on Mini Red. :) He has 2 teeth, has been sitting unassisted for awhile now, has the funniest giggle (my sister says he sounds like a squeak toy and I think that's a pretty accurate description), loves his solid foods (we are almost down to the last sleeve of graham crackers and I just bought 2 boxes on Tuesday!!!) and can drink from a sippy cup (though he still prefers someone else to hold it!). He's not showing any interest in crawling or walking, which is very unlike his other 3 siblings who all took their 1st steps at 10 1/2 months. But I'm ok with that. I like knowing that he's going to be in the same spot when I come back to the room. He is starting to lunge for toys that are out of his reach, so we'll see if there's enough motivation for him to become mobile or not. Matt and I tease and call him our lazy baby. But it's kind of true. With 3 adoring (and ahem, smothering with love) older siblings, he never has to get anything himself. He makes the slightest sound of discontent and there's magically 10 toys in front of him.
And the rest of us continue to plug along in our day to day activities. Matt's still enjoying his job, I'm constantly busy with laundry, meals, homeschooling and entertaining 4 little people. Tyler continues to be an eager learner, which makes teaching him pretty easy. He is still very interested in wild animals, especially the ones you would find in Africa or the rainforests and jungles. Bria is her well rounded self, playing with her brothers, but also never minding playing with her princesses all by herself. Cameron is a busy, busy boy, never stopping until he falls asleep. He is picking up more and more signs and trying out more verbal words as well. He loves trucks (or any vehicle, really), especially trash trucks or workers. He has recently enjoyed really interacting with Tyler...and by interacting I mean wrestling. They both have a blast and I find myself saying the same things my mother, grandmother, and Great Aunt Florence used to say. :) Boys...they are incredibly fun, but wow, I'm constantly amazed at the need to 'roughhouse' to use a term from my aunt.
 |
| Bria loves her twirly dresses |
 |
Someone was trying to get me to buy some nail polish at Sam's Club today, so they gave Bria some flowers :)
(Glad I didn't purchase it, most of them were off by the time she took her bath tonight!) |
 |
| Playing peek a boo with daddy |
 |
| "Hey, I like this face!" |
 |
| Entertaining little brother |
 |
| Pretty cardinal at our homemade bird feeder |
 |
| Couldn't resist this little photo shoot...he was so smiley :) |
 |
| And this face just cracked me up...wonder what he was REALLY thinking. :) |
 |
| Papa & Grandma came over to join us for our 'family fun night' last night to watch "Wreck-It Ralph" |
 |
| Tyler was snuggled in tight to Papa the whole movie :) |
 |
| And this boy was SO tired, but he hung in there and didn't fuss much at all |
 |
| A pretty downy woodpecker at our suet |
 |
| Cute little chickadee |
 |
| Apparently a certain little Mr. has been in my cupboards again. (Hint: It was the non-redhead!! :)) |
No comments:
Post a Comment