Thursday, February 21, 2013

Snow!!

It's a rare occasion for me, (a girl who grew up in Upstate NY, where there was lots of snow, every winter) to say that Kansas gets snow. Occasionally, the ground has been covered with the beautiful blanket of white, but I can count on one hand the number of times there's been enough snow to play in. Granted, when you have kids, any amount of snow is worth 'bumbling' (Bria's word, isn't it cute?!) up to play in it. But we actually got some REAL snow today. NY-type snow. Thick, heavy snow. 10" worth of snow. 10"!!! In Kansas? WOW!!!! I shoveled a path from the driveway to the sidewalk, the sidewalk and porch and when I finished, it was already covered again and you couldn't see the clear path. I came in and bundled up the kids and they went out with Matt (who shoveled the rest of the driveway) while I stayed in with Mr. Derek, who was up from his nap and ready to eat some lunch of graham crackers and peaches. I went back out after the kids' were all down for rest time and shoveled a little more, though it had stopped snowing by then. I made a tunnel for the kids (or was it for me??) and shoveled the snow I scraped off the van. Pretty sure that's the most exercise I've had in years, which is pathetic and sad and embarassing to admit. But it's my choice. So...enjoy the pictures, I'm going to enjoy some hot chocolate and try and thaw out my toes. :)

It was really coming down this morning.



Right after I came in from shoveling...can you see the path?


The drifts around the van were pretty impressive





Matt's amazing. He shoveled most of the driveway.
Guess we who know who works out in our family ;)



He couldn't wait to get outside and help


Love it

Tyler was 'directing' Cameron (like the airplanes when they get read to pull
up to the jetway.



He got stuck on a pile of snow, his little tongue was out
because he was working hard.


Eating snow

He wanted to be outside too. He cried every time we left the front door or window.



Our neighbor was so kinda and snowblowed part of the driveway for us.
Another neighbor came over and plowed out the rest of the driveway.
I think I need to bake some cookies as 'thank yous'

He is SO cute!

My tunnel

The drift on the south side of the van


No comments:

Post a Comment