Last week, a very sweet client of mine, brought me 3 pillow pets for my kids. She doesn't have any grandchildren of her own and she said she just loves buying things for kids, so she thought they would be something all 3 of mine would enjoy, even the baby! How sweet is that?!?! And enjoy them they did/do. Cameron isn't in to his too much yet, but he did laugh and smile when I made his doggie 'bark' and 'lick his face'. :) Tyler & Bria sleep with theirs every night since I brought them home and play with them all the time during the day. I'd say they were big hits. :)
 |
| Giving kisses to his new friend |


On Saturday, we found a Christmas tree that wasn't horribly overpriced and seemed to be in fairly good condition, as it didn't lose too many needles when I bounced it and shook it around. I trimmed the end with Matt's hacksaw. Eventually, though it did take me awhile! Then I put it in the stand and *thought* I got it level/straight, but apparently our driveway is not the same grade as our living room floor, so once we got it inside and with Matt's help in eyeball-ing it, we got it straight. This is the first year I've let the kids help me decorate. I know, I know, that probably makes me a horrible mother, but they didn't seem to mind before, especially when they would come out the next morning and it was already up and decorated. :) But anyway...I did let them hang the ornaments this year and I didn't even rearrange the ones that are clustered together. (Though, I did move a few up a little higher so they would be less tempting for Chubs to reach for and pull). They actually did a pretty good job, there are a few things grouped together, but for the most part, I can't complain. And they had fun in the process. It didn't take too long so that was a plus too!
Yesterday, I put the kids in their 'fancy' church clothes with the hopes and the request that they let me take a nice picture of them for Grammy, since that's the only thing she requests for Christmas...a black & white picture of her grandchildren. Not the easiest request in the world, especially now that there's 3 little ones to get to look at the camera! (And next year will be even harder, since Baby #4 will be joining us sometime around June! Yup, another unexpected blessing!) Anyway, here are some of the pictures (but not the 'better' ones because I don't want to spoil her Christmas present surprise!) :)

 |
| Tyler's 'fancy pants' outfit (as Matt calls it) came from the church garage sale and I was pleasantly surpised that he didn't fight me at all to wear it. (Though he did ask me if he could take off the tie for church...baby steps!) Bria's dress came from the clearance rack at Walmart 2 years ago - SCORE!!! :) |
 |
| Tried to get another one last night when Cameron was happy but he was only going to be happy if he wasn't being asked to sit for a picture...here he's trying to give Bria 'kisses'. |
 |
| Just another spontaneous hug from Tyler. I love Bria's adoring look on her face though! :) |
 |
| Oh look! He CAN be happy sometimes! |
No comments:
Post a Comment