This 'little' guy is getting himself into some mischief. We heard him on Sabbath afternoon opening & closing the doors on the entertainment center. Open. Close. Open. Close. I have a feeling the child-proof door locks will need to come back out soon. Like last week.
.
| Doesn't look too proud about this new thing, does he? |
| Just a little too happy to be standing at the couch! |
This afternoon, instead of Tyler taking rest time (he fell asleep during yesterdays' rest time and ended up being wide awake in his bed until about 10pm...guess I better keep him 'occupied' during rest times now!), he wanted to work on some school. It is our intention (as of now) to homeschool the kids, at least for a little while. Tyler hasn't shown consistent interest in learning (which is absolutely fine, he's a 4 year old boy!) so when he is interested, I definitely want to spend some time with him doing things that encourage him in the learning realm. He loves numbers (Matt & I are still scratching our heads on that one, perhaps that's another thing that skips a generation, huh Papa Mac?!) and recognizes them easily. Most of the time he doesn't even 'finger count' (point to each item and count them), he just looks at them and immediately says the correct number. Impressive to me, considering I don't like to do anything with numbers with my fingers, toes or calculators. ;) (It was a joke. I'm not that bad!!) He enjoyed doing a little connect the dots as well as circling the objects in one of the workbooks (good old $1 spot at Target!) He is really improving on his letters too!
| Circling all the ants |
I'm with you on the numbers thing....do not like! Avelyn, with a little prompting, can count from 1-10 already (we're also planning to home school).
ReplyDeleteBabies just grow up too fast :-(