It's once again, been awhile since I've actually updated you on the going ons in our house. Things are busy (as usual) but generally, fun. Cameron is now 5 1/2 months old and is having so much fun. He's rolling everywhere (whomever said that babies aren't mobile until they are crawling was a little confused), sitting up unassisted with only occasional topples and tilts, has discovered his toes, is watching us eat with interest (and lunging for things, like my plate which has ended up on the floor once. Thankfully it was just a sandwich and some chips), and is really close to having a new tooth pop through. Despite his teething and drooling, he's been fairly happy. He has his moments (we all do, especially when we're in pain) when all he wants to do is holler and gnaw on things. But thankfully some Tylenol and teething gel helps the situation immensely. He loves watching Tyler & Bria play and sitting in his exersaucer.
This sweet girl is delightful. She has mastered potty training with such ease and has been dry at night (with the exception of 1 time). She's been wearing underwear to bed for the past month or two (could have been wearing it earlier, but I think she thought she had to wear a pullup). She is the first one to wake up every morning and most of the time, is bright eyed and cheerful. She is fully of silliness (as most almost 3 year olds are) and love. Both of her brothers get a lot of affection from her, probably sometimes more than they'd like. :) She plays Cars with Tyler, but loves to play with her baby Allie as well. She is definitely observant, noticing all sorts of things the rest of us often miss. She loves comparing eye color ("What color are your eyes, mommy? Mine are blue. Cameron's are blue too!") and haircolor. "Daddy's hair is black. Just like Cameron's hair. His hair is black too!" What color is your hair, Bria? "Red! Like Tyler! Mommy, who has your hair?"
Tyler is his normal full of energy, Cars addicted self. :) And I don't have any pictures of him in this post because he's always moving and every picture I have of him is a blur. ;) He loves playing with his Cars. He re-enacts scenes from both movies throughout the day. Reading books and doing puzzles is still a favorite past time of his. He has recently become more interested in letters (spelling his name and learning the letters of his siblings' names) and numbers. He loves to count and finds all the "7s" & "8s" on the calendar I printed off and put on the fridge. His memory continues to amaze us...Cousin Joyce sent him a new pair of swim trunks (some that actually FIT!) and a card. He asked Matt & I to read the card a couple of times, but now, he can 'read' it to himself by memory. It's awesome! I got a video of it, I'm hoping to get it loaded later.
In the adults lives, the busyness continues. The chiropractor I work for is down to one massage therapist (me) and asked if I could work a few more hours. He has had quite a few patients who have been in car accidents recently and since car insurance companies will pay for massage, my schedule has filled up. I currently work Monday afternoons, Friday mornings and 1 Saturday a month. It's busy and occasionally frustrating (like when people don't show up for their appointments) but for the most part, it's been very rewarding to see people improve through regular visits. Since I've added to my work schedule, Matt is currently working from home Monday afternoons and all day Fridays. It's been nice to not have to load 3 kids up and take them somewhere. And I think things have gotten easier on him, since Cameron is becoming more interested in the world around him and doesn't require being held all the time now. Matt still enjoys his work and is very thankful for God's provision with this job. It's much less stressful than his previous job and we've all benefitted from that.
No comments:
Post a Comment