Sunday, June 19, 2011

Slip & Slide/VBS Week

Matt & I found a slip & slide for supercheap at Walmart while we were on our "date" (yes, our afternoon date consisted of a trip to Target, Walmart, & Sam's Club) last weekend. We had a free evening, so Matt set it up and the kids had a BLAST!!!! Chubs was taking a late nap, so we were all able to be outside and watch them try it out. I got some fun shots. :)








She would run up to the edge of the slide, stop and crawl on all fours or army crawl down to the little pool at the bottom. Every.single.time.















Pretty chilly after playing in it for almost an hour (!), but they warmed up quickly with a warm bath inside.

Whew! We had a very busy week with our church hosting VBS Monday through Friday, a closing program on Friday night and a Flag Day Picnic on Saturday. It will be nice to have a little more relaxed week this week, though it won't be completely relaxing, as we have our annual church garage sale to try and raise money for camps. Oy. But at least I don't have any responsibilities for that...we may occasionally show up and encourage the workers and help set everything up, but other than that, we'll probably be getting readjusted to life at home. Which is good, because I have lots of things I'd like to get done, cleaning and picking up and organizing for our own garage sale, specifically.
Bonfire Beach was where the kids had their Bible Story every day

The hallway

Maggie was one of the co-chairs this year



The snack "stand"

Games & Recreation

The arts & crafts room - the ladies did a marvelous job decorating

This the classroom where the 3, 4, & 5 year old hung out, along with 4 helpers, including myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment