Saturday, January 15, 2011

January

It has once again been awhile since I've posted...but I hadn't been keeping our camera as busy as usual, so I wanted to wait until I had some fun pictures. It's hard to believe we are already half way through January...but we are, so I'll try to recap. :)

Tyler is looking forward to his 4th birthday in another week +. I had already planned to take the day off, so we were discussing the other day of what fun things he wanted to do. Two things he mentioned were going to see daddy at work and having nuggets and fries. I think we'll manage to accomplish both of those, as we received a McDonald's gift card for Christmas...it will buy A LOT of happy meals!!!! ;) He's enjoying his new toys from Christmas, especially his Buzz Lightyear from Uncle Jonathan. But along with the toys, he also can't get enough time playing with his new puzzles (he got 4 new ones and completes them all in no time flat, even the 100 piece one from Uncle Joel & Aunt Shana) and his Toy Story 3 Memory Game. He continues to win most of the time we play, though his little sister is starting to give him a run for his money. Or as he so delicately puts it "She's cleaning my pants!" (I believe at one point either Matt or I made the comment that he was beating the pants off us AND cleaning our clocks. Apparently, he decided to combine the 2 and come up with "cleaning your pants"). :)

Bria is almost 2 1/2. She loves doing any and everything that Tyler does, which sometimes annoys him, but for the most part, they are very good playmates. She too, has started to pick up on the fun of doing puzzles as well as the Memory Game. She amazes us with her ability to find the matching cards, despite turning the same one over for the first few turns. ;) I got beat rather soundly in a game of Memory yesterday...Bria had 16 matches, Tyler had 12, and I had 7. Hmm, not exactly a stellar contribution on my part...I blame the lack of memory capacity due to the baby stealing my brain cells. :) She's has become quite the conversationalist and if you sit down and "chat" with her, you could be there for quite a long time, hearing about all sorts of things.

Matt & I are doing well...he's recovering from a nasty cold (still has the residual cough), as are the kids, but I have managed to stay healthy thus far and I've been praying that it continues. Having a cold (or any sickness) at this point in pregnancy would just be miserable. And as far as the baby news goes...we're still waiting to meet this little one, though my doctor seems to think it could be sooner rather than later. I would be ok with that...especially with the amount of pain I've had this time around. But we'll continue to wait, as patiently as possible, for the arrival. While I haven't been put on bedrest, I have been strongly encouraged to not do anymore than necessary. I've stopped giving massages for the time being as standing on my feet for 2 hrs straight is probably not conducive to baby staying inside as long as necessary.


Bria was very excited about opening Grammy & Papa Mac's
Christmas present...a pretty new jumper with ladybugs on it!!!



Tyler enjoying his new 100 piece puzzle from
Uncle Joel & Aunt Shana

If you look at the left side of this picture, you'll
see why I was cracking up...

They were watching some neighbor dogs run
free in the street...

And apparently my cat was concerned and thought
she should check things out too!

Playing in the snow with daddy was the highlight
of their day today!

Bria gave Gideon a faceful of snow



Throwing snow at daddy













"Pushing" daddy down the hill



She "tackled" him



They were having so much fun (though, this
*could* have been a cold dance!)

As you can see, Matt (my "3rd kid")
didn't mind it one bit. I think he enjoys it
just as much, if not more, than the kids do!

No comments:

Post a Comment