Today we made our annual trip to the
Louisburg Cider Mill . We also took in part of a high school football game (one of our CY kids plays). Then we finished out the day with a fun costume party at church. All in all, the day went well...until the end of the night when Tyler ran into a tailgate of a pickup and got a nice gash in his left cheek. He didn't nap today and his coordination drops dramatically when he's tired...so I'm guessing he was probably just not paying attention and ran right into it. But man, that boy needs a helmet. With a face shield. And perhaps one for his sister too. Fortunately, it was below his eye, but since it was a decent gash, daddy, Grandpa Boyle & Tyler made a trip to Children's Mercy. (Matt & Tyler are still there now, waiting to get stitched up). When I saw Tyler's cheek, I was fine, but when I removed the papertowel to get a look at the wound, I decided that it was something Matt should handle. ;) There's just something about seeing a fairly deep cut on your child that just made me start crying. Of course, everyone was asking if
I was ok...and I was. Am. Will be. Once they get home. It's just...I don't know how to explain it...a mom thing? Seeing my eldest (who is generally my most cautious of the 2) crying with blood on his face was not something I handled well. And here I thought Bria would always be the first in this family to get stitches!
Anyway, Tyler is apparently a champ and is doing pretty well. I'm sure I'll be spending more time in the kids' room tonight than I will my own...perhaps for my own peace of mind? I hope they'll be home soon...but in the meantime, I thought I'd share the FUN things from today. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment