Thursday, July 15, 2010

Blessings

(This isn't our baby, but just an image of a 10 week old baby I found on the internet)

I had my first prenatal appointment today. Everything went well. The doctor said I'm right on where I should be for 10 weeks (no twins - whew!) and we were able to hear the heartbeat. I never get tired of hearing that "whoosh-whoosh-whoosh" sound. Especially in the early weeks when you can't feel s/he moving around yet. It was fast today, in the 170s, but if this little one is anything like her/his brother & sister, the heartrates will change with every appointment. And whether it was stress or peace of mind that there is only 1 little person growing inside of me, ever since my appointment, I haven't felt sick at all. :) Maybe I was getting myself all worked up. Let's hope that the end of the sick feeling is near (or perhaps, arrived!). I would like to feel like my normal self again and I'm sure my husband and kiddos would too. :)


2 comments:

  1. Okay, did I miss something? :) Congratulations on your big news!

    P.S. We like the two that we discovered at our first prenatal appointment! There could be MUCH worse things. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. True, Heather. But I think since I already have 2 kiddos, 2 more at one time would have been a LITTLe overwhelming to me. :) Still can't wait to meet your little munchkins...they're adorable!!

    ReplyDelete