Wednesday, March 31, 2010

It wasn't my imagination

This kid...


...has been growing like a weed! I'm glad to know this, as I was starting to doubt my laundry skills & wondering why all his clothes were SHRINKING. Fortunately (or perhaps, unfortunately) my laundry skills are still passable. We went for Tyler's 3 year well child visit today and in 1 year, he gained 4 pounds and grew 5"!!! WOW!!! He's in the 75th percentile for weight (35 pounds) and 95th percentile for height (40 inches). He's already wearing 4T shirts and 3T pants/shorts. When I told him we were going to go see Dr. Brooks today, he told me "But I don't want to lie on the pillow!" Really? That's what scares you about going to the doctor? Once we got there though, he did ok. Dr. Brooks is so good, he helped Tyler relax by showing him his "flashlight" and let him look in his ears, before Dr. Brooks looked in Tyler's.

Bria also had her 18 month well child check up (even though she's technically 19 months). She's hanging out in the 25th percentiles for both height & weight (31 inches and 23 pounds, 5.5 oz.). Bria was actually fairly close to Tyler's 18 month stats, he had her beat by ~2 pounds and 1 1/2 inches. She was not as good as I would have liked, but considering they didn't get naps (except in the car) and we sat in the waiting room for about an hour, I guess she did ok. Not a fan of the table or anything else, but she survived too. As did I. But this is the last time I have to take them to the doctor at the same time...which is good, because I could go crazy if I have to do that again by myself. Nothing like trying to have a conversation with the doctor, with one child trying to stand up on a chair and the other one opening the door and trying to leave or turning off the lights!



And since we're talking about doctor visits today, Matt had his 5th and final (Lord willing) Cyberknife/Radiation treatment today. All went well and he was actually done by 9:30AM. Thank you all for your prayers and words of encouragement. We greatly appreciate them. We will keep you updated of any & all news regarding his shoulder, but we pray that these treatments were effective and the growth will have been taken care of.

No comments:

Post a Comment