Monday, February 22, 2010

Updates

You've probably been wondering where I've been, as I haven't posted in over a week. I'm sorry about that...you know, to the 3 of you who check this. :) But things have been busy, between shoveling snow & then watching it melt, chasing 2 toddlers around, lots of tickling & giggles to be had, and of course, just not feeling I had anything that was "blog worthy" to write about. But then I decided that for those family members who live so far away, especially the aunts, uncles, cousins& grandparents, our kids and our regular "going ons" were blog worthy to them, so here I am. :)

There are quite a bunch of pictures in this one, so that should appease some of you, but I'll have you know that trying to get pictures of 2 very active, silly, crazy, hilarious, sweet, shy, toddlers is about impossible these days. :) And I wouldn't have it any other way. And if you're wondering why there are so many more pictures of Bria than of Tyler it's because Tyler is definitely shy (did he get that from me?!) and Bria is all about the attention & the spotlight. So much so, that occasionally, when Tyler actually comes up in my lap and wants to cuddle, she gets jealous and says "No. Mine." Hmmmm...I think we still have quite a bit of work to do with that one.

I'll try to give you some updates on everything...

Tyler has become very interested in Disney movies, mostly the ones that were popular when I was younger, which has its +'s & -'s. I like watching them with him, but he thinks that as soon as one ends, he needs to watch another, so we've been trying to encourage him to read books with Bria or play with her. He does love to read & be read to, which we are both very thankful for. He's full of energy, loves playing with his cars, and in his words, "Bria is my best friend, just like that Mater & Lightning". That warmed my heart and made me smile. It is my prayer that continues as they both get older. I have my doubts that it will, but it sure would be nice.

Bria has become a very active toddler, following her ambitious infancy. She is running around like a crazy person, jabbering & talking and playing with Tyler. She loves to play with Tyler's cars, pushing them on the couch saying "Barooooom" and within minutes, will be back cuddling her Baby Allie and giving her kisses. I think she's a well-rounded little girl. :) She's catching on to signs more and more, which is always fun, especially when she can join us in singing at family worship, psalms like "Make a joyful noise", (that's her favorite because it has the word "sheep" in it and she likes to sign that; a lot.) "Praise the Lord", "The Lord builds up Jerusalem" and others. She also has more verbal words and says things like 'no', 'mine', Ty, 'cat', 'door', 'dog', 'book', 'hippo'and 'up'. She can tell you which animal makes what sound (unless of course Tyler asks her what a zebra says...can anyone help us out on that one?). She loves to get dressed up and wear her pretty hats and "fancy" shoes. (I bought her a pair of dress shoes on craigslist and when she wore them to church the first time, she walked into the kitchen and heard the sound that they made on the hardwood floor and looked up at me & grinned. She then started doing "quick feet" just so she could hear the sound more.) She's very affectionate and loves to give us hugs and kisses.

In the grown ups world, not much has changed...we're still busy with our jobs and tomorrow Matt will be going in for a CT scan to see where these "points" will be inserted for the radiation treatment. After that, it will be 7-10 days until the radiation treatment starts. It will be 2-5 treatments in a period of 2 weeks. We're praying now that this treatment was approved, that it will completely remove the growth in Matt's shoulder. I'll keep you updated on that.

Enjoy the pictures! We love and miss you all!!!



Playing cars with Bria





Being silly

Happy girl



She's silly too

Still waking up from his nap

Loves "touching" eyes...she usually just
pokes them, so we're trying to teach her
to be "gentle". :)



They have so much fun together...I love
hearing them laugh at each other









She loves this hat & these shoes.
When I tried getting her ready for bed,
she asked me to put her shoes & hat back on!

3 comments:

  1. OOOOOHHHH THANK YOU, THANK YOU for the update and the photos too. It is so nice to hear what each of you are up to and to see those smiling faces too.

    love, grammy

    ReplyDelete
  2. What cute kids you have, anne!!! They look so happy :) Grace has that same blue outfit with the white and pink flowers. I LOVE it. That is how little girls wear blue!

    ReplyDelete
  3. miss molly always wants to wear her shoes to bed too. it's so funny!

    ReplyDelete