Tuesday, January 12, 2010

This and that...

I apologize for the length in between posts...it might even surprise you that even though it's the 12th of January, I have taken less than 10 pictures. If you know me, you know this isn't normal. I don't know what exactly I've been doing instead, but at the request of my mom :), I told her I would try and update this early this week. I've been busy with both jobs, but this past Friday, I enjoyed a rare day off. :) We've been having some cold & snowy weather since Christmas and my scheduled client called me on Wednesday and said she didn't want to be out in the sub-zero temperatures & driving in snow (we were supposed to get another storm before her appointment on Friday). Since no one scheduled an appointment, I got to stay home! I've missed that. And I must admit, I slept in and all 3 of us lounged around in our pjs until almost lunchtime! I was amazed how much I was able to get done though! The kids & I played, but they were also happy playing by themselves or with each other, so when they did that, I cleaned and did some reorganizing. It's funny; when I get home from work these days, the kids are usually ready to go down for a nap and even though I know I should take advantage of that time and get some housework done, I can't seem to find the motivation to do it. I can't imagine working full days, I have all the respect in the world for moms who work full time outside the house. I'm exhausted when I come home (probably more mentally so, than physically), but doing housework is the last thing I want to do. So, I normally don't. But thankfully with the day off on Friday, I accomplished more in 1 day than I do in a normal week. And this might be my imagination, but my kids were better behaved when I was here with them all day than they normally are when I only get them for half the day. I know they miss me, I miss them. And I'm really glad that they behave for their sitters/grandparents, but it's really frustrating to have to deal with constant tears & fits when I get home. I know God provided this job for me and I'm not going to complain about it, but sometimes I do wonder what his ultimate purpose is for it. Perhaps he's teaching me patience. Or trust. Probably both of those and more.

Anyway, here are the weekly (or 10 days worth of) pictures for you to enjoy. I'll try to do better posting...for those 3 of you who check reguarly. ;)


Enjoying the new kitchen from Uncle Chris
& Aunt Colleen (& all the fun food (& potholders!)
that came from Uncle Joel & Aunt Shana &
Grandpa & Grandma)

Daddy's little KU fan :)







Modeling another cute outfit

A pretty dress from Great Aunt Tricia.
It's still pretty big on her, I hope we can get
lots more wear out of it, because it's so cute! :)

I always get concerned when I hear "quiet"
kids, but I was pleasantly surprised to walk into their
bedroom and see them reading together. :)

1 comment:

  1. So sweet, Anne! I'm glad that you had an unexpected day at home.

    ReplyDelete