*When Tyler was Bria's age, he referred to his pacifier as his "bubba". Matt always thought it was because we made him leave it in his crib and say "bye bye". Oddly enough, just this past week, we have noticed that Bria also refers to her pacifier as "bu-ba". This is strange to us, especially since Bria wasn't even born when Tyler was calling it that, so we have NO idea why she decided to start using that word for her pacifier too.
*Bria's favorite words are "Hi!" "Ty" "Cow" "Uh-oh" and "E-I-E-I-O!"
*I was playing some children's songs for them and Old MacDonald came on and when Bria heard the chorus "E-I-E-I-O", she got a HUGE grin on her face and kept saying it over and over.
*She's learning new signs and has now figured out "Giraffe" "Cheese" "Bird" & "Thank you"
*Bria runs laps through our living room/kitchen circle. She'll start out in the living room and say "Go go go go go" the whole way around. The part that really makes me laugh when she does this is the way she says "Go"; she sounds exactly like Gus the mouse in Cinderella.
*She currently has 11 teeth fully broken through and about 2-3 more still coming. Teething has been hard on her since she first started, always throwing up (perhaps because of the pain?) before a tooth broke through, but THANKFULLY that streak seems to have ended. She loves food and takes after her Aunt Colleen & Papa Mac, as she is a deliberate eater. I often have to sit and wait at the table for her to finish. But, she'll probably be healthier for it in the long run, so I shouldn't complain. I bet she gets less indigestion that way. ;)
*As I was in the kitchen getting them breakfast Wednesday morning Tyler said "Mommy, let me tell you something my father told me."
*After Tyler had asked me to watch a video and I said no..."Mommy, I tell you what: think about it and we'll talk about it later."
*His speech improves all the time and even though he says words like "alligator" "ornament" "elephant" "rhinoceros" almost perfectly, "crocodile" still comes out as "crockogaga". No idea why, but that's another one that makes us laugh.
*He's started singing with us during worship and at bedtime and last week we actually heard him join in when we sang the final Psalm at church.
*Tyler will randomly renact scenes from movies, either by wearing his blanket on his head and saying "I'm going to be like Flick!" (from A Bug's Life) or he'll gather up his cars and do random scenes from the movie "Cars". Sometimes he adds scenes or characters from any and all movies he's seen. Makes it challenging for me when he asks me a question and I'm trying to figure out what in the world he's talking about.
No comments:
Post a Comment