I told myself I wasn't going to make this post about potty training. So it's not. I'll just say that Tyler continues to do very well in that department and has had more success than accidents.
So other than that, life is pretty normal. We'll be spening some extra time over at Matt's parent's house this week, as his Aunt Chris & Uncle Ian are here from Pennsylvania, along with 2 of their 3 kids (Margaret & James) as well as his Aunt Margie & Uncle Paul and 2 of their 4 (Larissa & Jenny). This is the first time I've (well, we...Tyler & Bria & I) met Aunt Margie's family. They live down in Texas. Uncle Paul was saying last night that they haven't had rain in Texas since last September; I was amazed by that. I don't generally complain about the rain because I enjoy listening to it, but sometimes I get frustrated by it when it gives us cabin fever. However, I can't imagine going almost a whole year without it.
So aside from potty training and visiting, not much is going on here. My 10 year high school reunion was this past Saturday in Walton, NY. We didn't get out to NY for it, which I'm not entirely upset about, although it would have been fun to see people. This week is the annual Delaware County Fair back at home too. Fair week was always something fun to look forward to. My sister & her family are up there for the week, and my cousin Joyce and brother & his family will be up for part of it too. Wish we could be there, but maybe some other time. It's also peak blueberry season (my parent's have a huge patch) and I am completely out of blueberries, so I'll need to restock my supply at some point, but again, not this year.
Little Miss Bria turns 1 a week from today. It's hard to believe. We're having a little cake and ice cream for her on Saturday with all the relatives out here, nothing big. (I try to keep the 1st birthday fairly low-key, but make up for it at the next ones). Everyone has been askng me what she wants...and I have no ideas for them. She's definitely not "in" to anything yet; after all she's still pefectly happy playing with a plastic cup!!
Hopefully I'll have more pictures to post next time. I've been backing off on the camera use due to our unusual week. ;) We miss you all and hope you are doing well. Have a good week!
Sorry you can't be in New York too. It's hard living so far from family. I try to remember how terrible it would have been 100 years ago but that doesn't always help with the disappointment! ((hugs))
ReplyDeleteJen Lewis