Bria has been losing her pacifiers recently. We were at Walmart yesterday afternoon getting few things for the CY party we hosted last night and even though Bria had a pacifier when we went in, we didn't come out with it. I have no idea where it went, I didn't even see or hear it hit the floor. Oh well. I knew we had an extra at home.
Then today she (er, I) misplaced her other one. I've been trying to avoid buying more because I didn't want her becoming attached to them like Tyler did...but when I couldn't find her other one today, I remembered that I hadn't thrown Tyler's old ones away, so I boiled them for 2 minutes (as is recommended on the packages and besides, that's just gross. I was desperate, but I wasn't that desperate!) So when they were sanitized again, I grabbed one that Tyler didn't seem to use very often and gave it to Bria. Tyler saw it and exclaimed "Bubba!" (for some reason that was his "pet" name for his pacifiers), took it out of Bria's mouth and proceeded to put in his. I told him they weren't for him, he was a big boy and only babies use pacifiers and literally took it back out of his mouth. Have you ever seen a baby smile behind a pacifier? Tyler was doing this, he was sooooo happy to have his "bubba" back. Yikes. And here I thought that since it has been 6 months since we took his pacifier away cold turkey, I thought he wouldn't want them again. He actually threw quite a fit when I took the pacifier away and put it back in the baggie that contained his other 3. I put it on the counter (in order to throw them all away when Tyler wasn't looking) and Tyler kept trying to get them back. I haven't seen him so determined to get something in a really long time. I did manage to toss them in the trash without him seeing & took it out to the garbage can, so they are officially gone now and are no longer sitting on top of my pantry. We did buy Bria some new pacifiers though...they are girlie and Tyler knows they are hers. Funny how he's never tried taking hers before...he apparently knew that the one I gave her was his.

No comments:
Post a Comment