Thursday, March 5, 2009

Going for a run

It was a beautiful day today. Unseasonably warm, our thermometer read 79 by mid afternoon. I decided that since it was so nice out, I was going to go run. Keep in mind this isn't something I have done since I was about 5 months pregnant with Tyler (the little attempt at jogging when Bria was overdue doesn't count). So I took the kids over to my in-laws house (we always go over on my father-in-law's day off) and asked them if they were up for watching them while I attempted a run. They agreed, so off I went to a park close to our house. We like this park because it has a playground AND a .5 mile walking loop. They have also recently added swings and have restrooms available too (although they are still close for winter...). I ran the first lap and thought I was going to keel over. I decided to walk a lap before trying to run again and after I ran the 3rd lap, I decided another walk would be a good idea too. So I did 4 laps, 2 jogging and 2 walking. 2 miles total. Not too bad for my 1st time back. When I got home, I was still amazed by the gorgeous sunshine and decided to take Gideon for a much deserved walk too. So I clipped his leash on him and we did a walk/jog around the mile loop by our house. So that made my activity level for the day 3 miles. After our walk, I threw the ball for Gideon in the backyard for a little while too. I have realized that "jumping" back into running after not doing for about 2.5 years is not easy. I'm definitely feeling all of my activities from today, but hopefully if I can get at least 1 nice day a week, I might be able to keep up with some form of activity. :) But if worse comes to worse, I can always drag myself out of bed in the AM and take Gideon for a walk/jog before Matt leaves for work in the mornings. It would probably be good for both us. For now though, I'm heading to bed. Stick a fork in me. :)

1 comment:

  1. Keep up that activity and you will be very ready to run a 5K this spring!!!

    ReplyDelete