Matt & I have been looking for a new camera ever since Tyler accidentally knocked ours out of my hand (while it was on) when we were in NY over New Year's. It still works, but it seems to have some "issues". We love our camera...we haven't had any trouble with it and have been very pleased with the quality of pictures and videos. So I searched on the internet for the same camera...and I found it, but better. I found it on newegg.com and I also found a promo code for it. When I checked it out this morning, it was on sale for $109.99. The promo code took another $20 off, so it was down to $89.99. I was so excited, I decided to minimize the window and wait until Matt got home from work before I purchased it. Then when I went to order it tonight, the sale price had gone down again and was down to $99.99. The promo code still worked and I was able to buy a 10 megapixel camera for $79.99!!! I was ecstatic!!!
I also went to Once Upon A Child today. It's a 2nd hand children's store that sells everything "gently used" from clothes to furniture to strollers to shoes to toys. Some things are new with tags, but most are used. I have found the majority of Tyler's clothes here and have been very pleased with what I find. Some days I have more success than others, but that's the risk you run shopping 2nd hand. I got both the kids a couple of pairs of shorts, since we've had some high 70 degree days recently. I know they'll need them this summer too. Anyway, Tyler was playing and I was pushing Bria around in the stroller and happened to notice that there was a booster seat sitting on the shelf. I have been looking for a booster seat for Tyler, so he can sit at the table with us, since Bria is starting to eat solids more often. I wanted one with a buckle because Tyler tries to get down and wander around during meals because he's in a chair where he can do that. I didn't want to spend a lot of money. The booster seat on the shelf was the EXACT same one we have (which I love). It was in PERFECT condition, didn't even really look like it had been used at all (unlike Tyler's seat) and it was only $15. The booster seats are $30 new, so I thought that was a pretty good deal too. But I didn't want to be impulsive, so I came home with the kids and waited until Matt got home to talk to him about it. I wasn't even sure it would still be there after he said "Go for it", so I called the store (fortunately it's less than 5 minutes from our house so I could run over without feeling like I was really wasting gas) to see if it was still there. They pulled it off the shelf for me and I went over and picked it up. So now Bria has a new seat (although Tyler wanted the new one. It's amazing to me that he realized that hers was new, but since he's broken his in so well (I'll spare you the details!), I thought he could have the icky one and Bria could have the clean one) and Tyler can sit at the table like a big boy and still be buckled in so he can't get up and roam. Very exciting day for me!

Sounds like you had a very successful day!
ReplyDelete