A little side note...With our home computer no longer working, Matt set his mind to researching a new one and today he bought one. But he isn't setting it up until he makes sure 1) it's a good computer - he's going to talk to another friend at church tomorrow to verify that it is indeed, a good computer. Apparently getting the approval of my brother-in-law and his brother was not enough and 2) he wants to make sure he got the best possible deal out there, so he's going look online and see if he missed any good deals. And I don't feel like hooking the camera up to his laptop again, so this is going to be a picture-less post again. Sorry. But as soon as our home computer is up and running, I promise to add some more pictures.
Bria is very eager to start solid foods. She's actually had some here and there, but nothing really consistently yet. The first time I fed her cereal (very runny, per the cereal maker's suggestion), she lapped it up like a puppy dog! I have never seen babies eagerly eat boring old rice cereal. Tyler never liked the stuff. He would only eat it if I mixed it in with something else, like applesauce or peas. I've given it to her a couple of different times, each time making it a little thicker and she loves it! She's had mashed bananas, peas, and green beans and so far I haven't found anything she doesn't gobble right up. And if I try to hold her while I'm eating supper, she lunges at my plate and has almost successfully knocked it on the floor a couple of times. Since I had to work today, I had a bottle for her to eat while I was gone, but she didn't eat it. When I got home later (after she had been fed and she THOUGHT she needed to eat again), I gave her the bottle and she held it all by herself. I'm amazed at her appetite, her ambition to do things (especially trying to sit up from lying flat on her back...she gets farther off the ground than Tyler does! My almost 6 month old has ABS!!!), and her continually smiling face. I weighed her the other day after her bath with just a dry diaper on (that's how they weigh at the doctor's office) and she was 15 pounds!!! We go in next week for her 6 month check up, so I'll be sure to let you know what the official stats are. She's definitely growing. When she first joined us, I tried really hard not to wish her "babyhood" away, but now that's she's already 6 months, I see that I have! But I love this age, where they can really interact with you and can be entertained by more than just mom. My sister told me she doesn't like the feeding solids stage because it's so messy. I'm enjoying it though. It's fun to see her enjoy things so much. :) I'll try to get some of eagerness captured with the camera. It might be a few days though...
Missed seeing you yesterday! Hope you're feeling better.
ReplyDelete