Well, as hard as it for me to believe, we are in a new year. We are back into our crazy routine that is our life. I really enjoyed going to New York and visiting with my family out there. And even though this wasn't one of the gatherings that I'd like to put down as "Most memorable", it was a good time and I'm so glad we were all able to be there. The majority of my family came down with the nasty "plague" at some point when we were all together. Matt had it the first Sunday we were there and then Tyler got hit with it on Wednesday, my brother, my parents, Bria & I all got it New Year's night. (My dad was sick in bed on his birthday. And as my neice so eloquently put it "But Grandpa, it's your BIRTHDAY!" Almost as if the nasty bug should know better than to infect him on his birthday. Birthdays are for special dinners, cake, getting sung to, and presents. Not for being stuck in bed because you're sick). My sister and her family got the bug when they were out here in Kansas, so they, along with my sister-in-law and nephew were the only "healthy" ones in the bunch. They were busy taking care of the sickies, doing laundry, cleaning, & entertaining kids. I am so thankful for their care!!! It was such a relief to not have to function as a mom when I was feeling so miserable. They would bring Bria to me when she was ready to eat, but they kept her entertained and happy so I could sleep. I think we all lost some pounds and I am trying to regain the ones I lost, specifically for my daughter's sake. It's hard though, because even though I'm regaining my appetite, everthing I put in my body, she takes right back out. Oh well. Guess that just gives me more excuse to eat more, right? ;)
It was fun seeing the cousins interacting with each other. I loved spending time getting to know my nephews and neice again too. I missed out on a little fellowship time because I was busy with my sick boy, but at least I got to see aunts and uncles and cousins. It's hard only getting to see family members once a year. It's discouraging that I have to get reacquainted with my family members and my nephews don't know who I am. But this is our life, for now at least and I enjoy every minute of the time we had. Even if some of us were sick, at least we were together to help each other out.
This weekend is going to be a new phase in our parenting lessons. Unbeknownst to Tyler, he will no longer have his pacifier for naps or bedtime starting Friday night. I've always told myself that I didn't want my 2 year old kid walking around with his pacifier or as Tyler calls it "bubba". We've broke him of having it at other times, except for sleeping, so I'm confident we can break him of that too. I hope it's not TOO tramatic for him. We didn't want to take it away too early, in case there were some insecurities with Bria's arrival and such. But he sleeps with "pup-pup" and a blanket, so hopefully those will be enough for him to soothe himself to sleep. We'll see. Bria too, is up for a big surprise this weekend. No longer will I be waking and going in to see her every time she wakes up (last night she was up every 1 1/2-2 hrs!!!). Our pediatrician said that she should be able to go 10-12 hrs. in between feedings now, so that's what we're going to do. We're going to put a fan in our room (probably right by my head, because Matt seems to think our children sleep through the night since the day we bring them home from the hospital!!! :)) and I will set my alarm. If she's awake at the time my alarm goes off, great. She'll get fed. If she's not, I'll go back to sleep and wait for her to wake up. Hopefully the sleep deprivation that I'm feeling right now will subside and I will be a more refreshed mommy sometime next week.
I have pictures to post from Christmas & New Year's, but they might have to wait. I'm thinking of heading to bed because I want to get a head start on my sleep, while I have the chance!
No comments:
Post a Comment