Wednesday, April 9, 2008

ROCK CHALK JAYHAWK!

I think Monday night was the closest my hubby will ever come to crying...in joy...and all for a sports team!!! I've come to accept the fact that I do not have a husband who has any emotions (I think I have enough for the both of us!!!!) Matt's Jayhawks pulled off The National Championship!!!! :) I've learned after almost 5 years of marriage not to say anything to Matt during the game (nothing like I used to do - "Honey, don't yell at the TV, it serves no purpose!" Yeah, I haven't made THAT mistake again!!!!) But Matt did very well, all things considered. He never yelled too loudly (Tyler was in bed when the game started) and when he felt the need to "whoop and holler", he kindly went outside and did so with many other neighbors). It's been a good year for Matt's sports teams; KU Football won the Orange Bowl, the NY Giants won the Superbowl, and KU Basketball won the NCAA. And for a few games, the Royals had the best record in MLB, something that is to be duely noted too!!! He got to go to Opening Day yesterday (it was raining and cold - I'm so glad I didn't have to go!) and they beat the Yankees 5-2...and he just informed me that they beat the Yankees AGAIN tonight 4-0...the chiropractor I work for will not be happy, but it's fun to tease him about it. After all the Kansas City Royals BEAT the New York YANKEES!!!! What's not to enjoy about that?!?!!? :)

No comments:

Post a Comment