Last Wednesday, I came home from work and went to my in-laws house to pick up Tyler. He was sitting on Grandma's lap, looking very sleepy and flushed. I assumed he had just woken up from a nap, but then Grandma proceeded to tell me that she didn't think he felt well. He wasn't interested in eating anything (which in itself is very strange, considering it's Tyler, my eating machine) and just wanted to be held (also very strange, he's always on the go and rarely wants to be still). When we got home, I took his temperature and it was 101...I called the doctor's office and they suggested I bring him in. Long story short, he had another double ear infection (I feel like such a bad mother, because there are no signs of discomfort from this child until it's full blown). Anyway, this one seemed to be much worse than his previous one (I think it was back in November, when I commented on here about how happy he was, even when he was sick). He spiked fevers up to 103 for the next few days, so between Motrin and some extra naps and cuddling, for the most part, I think he's back to normal. The biggest problem now is that we had been doing really well of starting to break him of having his pacifier all the time, letting him have it only when he was in his crib or during church. But since he was feeling so miserable, I gave in and let him have it whenever he wanted it...BIG MISTAKE!!!! Now we're having to start the process all over (including tossing it back in the crib whenever he wakes up and saying "bye bye" to it).
But the pictures below are from Friday last week, the first day that he really started to act a little more normal and when his fever broke and stayed low. Matt came home for lunch and since Tyler got these bubbles for Easter from Grandma B, we decided to give them a shot.
No comments:
Post a Comment